Tuesday, 22 February 2011

The power of internet travel...see Japan from the comfort of your armchair!

One of the great things about the internet is the ability to travel and see the world from the comfort of your own home. Ok...so it is not the same thing as being there but if, like me, you work full time and have other things to pay for then to a degree it is better than nothing.

Anybody who knows me, will know of my obsession with Japan. It is something that has been with me since I don't know when, but since I got back from an amazing trip there last year I have been iching to go back!! Since I am not going back until next year, the best I can do is trawl through these fantastic Japanese related websites...

Tokyo Fashion: This fantastic website describes itself as 'an online fashion magazine with an HQ in the Harajuku area of Tokyo, Japan. Our goal is to bring English speaking readers the latest news on Japanese fashion' and it does just that. If you have a facebook account then 'like' the page and you will receive regular photos and information in your newsfeed http://www.facebook.com/#!/TokyoFashion



J-List/J-Box: A website that I have been following and purchasing from is J-List. For those of you under 18 then visit J-Box. Not only can you purchase the latest products from Japan from food to fashion, but the founder Peter Payne blogs regularly on his life in Japan with his family. Visit http://www.jlist.com/home

This lovely lady added me on Facebook last year due to our joint love of Japan. Tiffany Atkin is a graphic designer from Australia, but is currently based in Tokyo. Her designs are amazing and her blog is updated regularly tiffatron.blogspot.com (please ask permission from Tiffany to use her work)




I first discovered Japanese streets a few years ago while doing some research at college about Japanese street fashion. The site is full of photographs of everyday Japanese people and their clothing. As well as an extensive street fashion archive, the site has its own blog and a shopping directory of Japanese clothing brands http://www.japanesestreets.com/



Hope you find the above websites useful, and if you would like anymore information on visiting Japan then contact me and I will try and point you in the right direction.

Worldwind

1 comment:

  1. aw thankyou for the mention sarah! glad you're loving the art! tiff xx

    ReplyDelete