Sunday 6 March 2011

So I have my wedding dress...

Hello again...

So yesterday I went wedding dress shopping with my mum. York is an important place to me personally so I always wanted to get my dress from there! One of the first shops we went in wasn't very interesting. Some of the dresses were nice, but there was a limited selection and the staff did not once ask us if we wanted any help...ONLY until we were about to leave. I think if your running a bridal shop, where your customers are looking to spend over the odds for their perfect dress then you must be attentive and willing to help. Without your customers, you don't have a business!

To cut a long story short, I found my dress at a beautiful shop in the centre of York. It did seem like fate when the lovely owner told me one of her customers had postponed their dress consultation until next week! I'm not going to say too much about the shop and what the dress is like because my fiance might read this! But it is stunning, and going against all wedding dress shopping protocol, it was one of the first few I tried on!

Next...bridesmaid dresses! I have an idea of where I will be getting them from, but that won't be for a few months yet until I finalise my colour scheme. I will probably opt for high street dresses as I think they are just as nice as standard bridesmaid dresses. I am having three bridesmaids altogether. I have known Lisa and Danielle since I was at infant school, and I have known Jess for a few years through work and mutual friends. They are all on the same wavelength as me and I trust them completly. I am very lucky!

Here are a few bridesmaid dresses I like:


Petula dress, £110 Monsoon


Noah Cocktail dress, £150 Monsoon


Worldwind

No comments:

Post a Comment