Wednesday 23 February 2011

Currently reading...Yotsuba&!

I am always on the look out for cute manga, especially those that involve cats ^_^


A selection of the manga I brought back from Japan

One of the best manga series I have read is Fruits Basket, followed by Honey and Clover, Aria and Chi's Sweet Home. I brought a few manga books back from Japan last year but my Japanese isn't up to scratch (I currently know all 46 hiragana and katakana plus the little extra sounds, but have yet to start on Kanji!). Until then I have to be just content with looking at the pictures...


I am very particular about what I read, and it took me a while to pluck up the courage to purchase Yotsuba&! as I didn't know whether I would 'get' the storyline. Kiyohiko Azuma, the creator of Yotsuba&! is the same artist who created Azumanga Daioh, another of my favourite manga/animes series. Azuma's drawing style is very distinct and I found it quite amusing when my fiance said 'she looks like Chiyo from Azumanga Daioh' I have trained him well...


Yotsuba&!

Did I mention that I'm 23...?

Worldwind

No comments:

Post a Comment