Tuesday 22 February 2011

Looking to 2012...

I know we are only two months in to 2011 but I am already looking forward to next year. My fiance and I have set the date for our wedding for the 18th May 2012. Obviously I have never done anything like this before, so I am relying heavily on a number of wedding magazines I have purchased over the past few weeks.

I will be getting married at York registry office, which I am very happy about despite originally wanting a church wedding. BUT to compensate, my fiance and I are getting a blessing and having our honeymoon in Japan, so it can't be all bad.



York Registry Office and Bootham Suite

There are some things that I really want to splash out on like; invitations, my dress and the cake. But I dont know if I could justify spending hundreds of pounds on flowers and shoes...even though Rob said I could have a pair of Louboutins! I am wanting a Japanese theme for my wedding reception and am currently in the process of getting some custom made wedding invitations to reflect this.



Japanese themed reception

As I mentioned above, I would love to splash out on my dress. My mum and I will be going to York next week to have a look at what is available and get a rough idea of prices! I don't want a meringue but I certainly don't want plain.



Fairytale inspired



Simple yet effective 

I am only a month or so in to planning but I will keep you updated on how it is going...!

Worldwind

No comments:

Post a Comment